Cooking time: 40 minutes Serving for: 6
- Heat a saucepan and melt the butter. Add the chopped onions. Cover the pan and cook on a light heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the both mustard seeds and cook for 1 minute until they begin to pop.
- Add the salsify and cook for 3 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Add the vegetable stock. Cover the pan and boil and simmer for 20 minutes until the vegetables are soft. Season to taste. Add the lemon juice to taste.
- Cool a little and blend roughly.
- Heat the soup gently. Garnish with a swirl of creme fraiche. Serve while hot.