Cooking time: 10 minutes ( 2 hours stock cooking time) Serving for: 6
- Heat a saucepan and pour the stock into it. Add the soy sauce, rice wine, vinegar, sugar, star anise, cloves, cinnamon and ginger with the stock.
- Cover the saucepan to boil. Add the chopped carrots and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Then add the chilli, spring onions and noodles.
- Simmer the soup for a further 2 minutes until the noodles are cooked.
- Next gently add the scraps of duck and the bean curd. Stir well.
- Reheat the soup and season to taste. Serve while hot.
- Heat a saucepan and put all the stock ingredients into it.
- Pour a generous amount of water. Cover and simmer gently for 2-3 hours.
- Skim the scum from the rising top. Add some water, if necessary.
- Cool the soup after straining.Chill for a few hours in the fridge and reduce the fat from the surface. Or you can skim off the fat as much as you want.