Cooking time: 50 minutes Serving for: 4
- Pour the water in a large bowl and add the white wine vinegar.
- Cut the artichoke stem and outer leaves and apply some lemon juice on it. Then cut the artichokes into quarters.
- Dip the artichoke in the vinegar water to avoid discolouration.
- With a small spoon clean the fuzzy centres, leaving the artichoke hearts intact.
- Use a large pan and eventually add the stock, cleaned artichokes, onion, lemon juice and thyme into it. Cover the pan and boil and simmer for 30 minutes or until the artichokes are soft.
- Remove the artichokes from the mixture and reserve the cooking liquor.
- Scrape out the flesh from the base of each leaf and add in to the artichoke hearts.
- Blend the artichokes and the soup into a smooth puree
- Reheat the soup in a pan. Add the cream and season to taste. Heat gently for 3 minutes. Serves after chilling.