Cooking time: 190 minutes Serving for: 6
- Take a large saucepan and add the pre-soaked split peas, beef and bone and chopped potatoes
- Add some water.
- Cover the pan to boil and simmer for at least 2 hours. Remove the scum from rising top.
- Take out the beef and shredded into small pieces.
- Squash the vegetables with a wooden spoon in the pan.
- Add the shredded beef to the pan along with the leeks and celeriac.
- Season the soup to taste. Cover the pan again and simmer gently for 1 hour.
- Take out all the bones and garnished with celery leaves. Serve while hot.