Cooking time: 40 minutes Serving for: 6
- Heat a saucepan along with some butter. Add the chopped onion. Cover the pan and cook gently until the onions are soft.
- Add the sliced artichokes. Stir and cook for 10 minutes.
- Pour the stock and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cover the pan. Boil and
- simmer gently for 20 minutes until the artichokes are soft.
- For the Parmesan croutons, cut the bread into small cubes. Heat some oil in
- pan with high temperature. Fry the bread cubes into crisp and golden. Spread the parmesan
- onto a greaseproof paper sheet. Toss the croutons in the Parmesan, separate and do not clog them up with cheese.
- Blend the soup into a smooth puree. Add the milk and cream and season to taste. Heat the soup gently.
- Give the finishing touch with the Parmesan croutons. Tastes delicious both hot and chilled.